Talk

Advanced search

Taking baby to Canada

(4 Posts)
stillwingingit Tue 11-Oct-11 23:12:23

Hi. Does anyone know if I can take baby formula (powder and ready made) and Ella's Kitchen baby pouches into Canada?!? I've read somewhere no 'dry' milk and no uncooked fruit (isn't Ella's first tastes all uncooked fruit just musher up and pre-packed)? Am I just being stupid?!?! Has anyone had any experience and / or just know?
Thanks guys!

somanymiles Tue 11-Oct-11 23:59:14

Last time we travelled the security guy told me I could take sealed baby food on the plane . I think pouches would therefore be ok if clearly unopened. Oh, but he made me open one and taste it (presumably to prove it wasn't explosives?) I think the same applies to formula but I'm not sure. I think if it's in your baggage it's less stringent.

johnnycomelurky Wed 12-Oct-11 00:22:51

I recently went with my then 7 month old son. We were fine with pouches/containers of food, though if taking on the plane they make you open and taste some ( we had 5 lots and had to open 2 to taste). Sorry, can't help with the formula as he was still bfing.

johnnycomelurky Wed 12-Oct-11 02:04:08

Well as my son is keeping me up, I thought I'd investigate. There's a website which you can plug what you want to take in, where it's from and which province you're going to and it tells you what's ok. So for milk-based powdered infant formula it says:
* From any country a maximum of 20 kg of commercially prepared sterile (shelf stable) infant formula per person in sealed (unopened) tin cans (liquid or dry formula) is allowed without export certification FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. *

Here's the website

Hope that link works, am on iPhone and can't preview message.

Hope you have a good trip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now