Talk

Advanced search

Can i wear heels in Bruges?

(6 Posts)
MrsS01 Tue 11-Oct-11 21:23:22

I've heard its cobbly, I don't wear flat shoes! Can I get away with wearing mid heels?

itsatiggerday Tue 11-Oct-11 21:26:53

You can, depends how you plan on spending your time there. A lot of it is cobbled but mostly decently laid cobbles so not a disaster in heels although if it's wet they're pretty slippery. It's not a huge city so if you're staying somewhere central then you prob wouldn't have to walk miles. But if you plan on exploring every alley and street (and there are some quite cool ones) then you could end up walking quite a lot. If you're that used to heels you'll probably be OK. I hate them so I didn't and it snowed (Nov) so was v glad I had on furry ugg style boots!

Putrifyno Wed 12-Oct-11 08:44:53

I wouldn't if you could possibly avoid it. I would go for the comfiest shoes you own. And it can get VERY cold in the winter - that damp, clingly type of cold. I think that is why they invented hot wine wink

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 12-Oct-11 09:23:24

Also, if you want to climb the tower, flat(tish) shoes would be better.
I love Bruges.

CestTout Wed 12-Oct-11 12:52:41

Would agree that if you have an alternative to go with that. Are you going for the Christmas market? If so we have been in the snow/ice a couple of times and shoes with good grip really are essential. Hope you have a lovely time, we are going 2nd-3rd Dec!

Bunbaker Wed 12-Oct-11 16:39:52

Are you Victoria Beckham? smile

If you don't get sore feet from walking around in heels all day, you might be able to get away with it. I wouldn't because the old town part of Bruges is essentially for walking around and heels would give me very sore feet.

It is up to you, but flatter shoes would be better and more practical.

Flat needen't be frumpy BTW, and tottering around on cobbles in high heels may raise a titter or two from other people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now