Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose a holiday...

(11 Posts)
HappyCamel Tue 11-Oct-11 20:11:57

DD will be 9 months in January and we will start TTC #2. Her grandparents have agreed to take her so DH and I can have a holiday. I can't leave it later because I have horrendous pregnancies and bf so we haven't been away for 2 years and won't go again until DC 2 is at least a year.

We are thinking:
Paris - never been, Eurostar is easy but the weather will be rubbish
New York - ditto the above but with a long haul flight
Madeira - less of a city break, warmish weather but might not be much to do

I'm thinking malarial areas are a bad idea given I might be just pregnant because I don't know the tablets are safe. I don't think I want to do Muslim countries because of the hassle of haggling and street vendors.*

*disclaimer, I've travelled extensively in the Middle East but just don't fancy the culture this time.

Budget is up to £2k. I think I want to go somewhere I can relax and be me, not a Mum, or a tourist target. Please give me some inspiration

KatyMac Tue 11-Oct-11 20:16:17

What about somewhere like Barcelona or Lisbon?

DelGirl Tue 11-Oct-11 20:22:29

Canaries?

HappyCamel Tue 11-Oct-11 20:53:50

Ooooh, fab ideas. Thank you.

Putrifyno Wed 12-Oct-11 08:46:05

Or Seville?

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 12-Oct-11 09:25:14

There may be Muslims in any of those countries. It is so wearing being forced to haggle with the street vendors.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Thu 13-Oct-11 19:50:15

New York! Not contest! Not somewhere you can do with toddlers.

mirpuppet Sat 15-Oct-11 10:37:11

New York in January is not nice; I wouldn't take a long haul flight there to participate in one of the many snow storms.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Sat 15-Oct-11 12:43:31

Miami?

louby86 Sat 15-Oct-11 12:55:36

Barbados!

tiredgranny Sat 15-Oct-11 13:47:40

cruise round carribean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now