Talk

Advanced search

Centerparcs - which one?

(9 Posts)
timeplease Sat 08-Oct-11 22:02:50

Hi, does anyone know if there's much to choose between the different Center Parcs sites - in terms of facilities on offer, particularly the swimming areas?

Many thanks

workshy Sat 08-Oct-11 22:06:24

I've been to sherwood forest and the lake district

I think the sherwood forest one has a better pool for little ones -under 5
lake district village centre is under cover so better for winter trips

I prefer the restaurants in sherwood forest and it's flatter so cycling with kids is easier

but the lakes has the pancake house!!!

coastgirl Sat 08-Oct-11 22:10:22

There's a Pancake House at Sherwood - just went there last week and stuffed ourselves [bloater emoticon]

KittyWalker Sat 08-Oct-11 22:11:10

The nearest one to you. They are all pretty similar, why travel!

workshy Sat 08-Oct-11 22:29:58

ooops -might have mixed them up (they are very similar lol)

but I'm right on the pools

Voidka Sun 16-Oct-11 15:51:33

I have to agree that Sherwood has a better pool for little ones.

LondonChatterBox Mon 24-Oct-11 12:39:58

I personally love the Sherwood Forest one

diabolo Mon 24-Oct-11 18:58:22

Elveden for me, (although I imagine they are all pretty similar), woods, lakes, bike rides, pools with wave machines, water slides).

The chalets are really well arranged, although they are attached, you don't see or hear your neighbours, they are staggered so that everything is private.

Shame it costs so much!

mumto2andnomore Mon 24-Oct-11 22:54:07

Been to Sherwood and Longleat. Sherwoods pool is bigger and has the grand cascade water ride. Longleat has a huge ourdoor jacuzzi ! Longleats rapids are colder.I think Longleat is prettier in general but hillier !

I woul consider cost and distance as I imagine they are all good,we fancy Whinfell next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now