Talk

Advanced search

any one ever took a 3 month old baby abroard

(19 Posts)
babycakes85 Sat 08-Oct-11 13:23:12

Hi guys just wondering i have just found out i am pregnant and we are supposed to be going on a family holiday to spain next year which will make my baby 3 months old, should i cancel or is it ok to take a baby abroard? just wondering if anyone has done this and how did you find it?

MeMySonAndI Sat 08-Oct-11 13:27:49

I'm sure he will survive. By the age DS was 3 he had already visited 4 continents, he is fine, he has never had a tummy bug, or catched anything nasty while on holiday, I would go as far as saying that is never easier traveling with children than when they are babies...

mousymouse Sat 08-Oct-11 13:32:39

it is easier to travel with an immobile baby than with a mobile one ime.
you will be fine!
enjoy the holiday.

babycakes85 Sat 08-Oct-11 13:32:40

was he ok with flying? its just if they get ill over there and how do they cope with the heat was your DS ok with the heat?

MeMySonAndI Sat 08-Oct-11 13:45:56

You know... thousand of babies survive the heat in Spain each year, they just have liquids more often. They also have hospitals and they sell the equivalent of calpol over the counter too.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sun 09-Oct-11 07:59:57

DD was born in the hobs of hell where the day time temp was generally 45 degrees. She is now a healthy 10.5
Babies are much easier when they can't run away, just take yours and enjoy.

flipflapcatflap Sun 09-Oct-11 08:07:59

Much easier with babies for sure. I just got off a 12 hour flight with 4 children, two of whom are toddlers! [twitch]

josephinebonaparte Sun 09-Oct-11 08:10:30

Where are you thinking of going? Feed them on take off and landing so their ears don't hurt with the changes in air pressure.

josephinebonaparte Sun 09-Oct-11 08:12:32

Oh right. Spain. Spain will be fine, your baby will probably sleep more because of the heat. Take Nappies with you. They are really expensive in Spain.

wigglesmonsterock Mon 10-Oct-11 21:45:17

I took dd3 to Ibiza this year on her 16 week birthday, it was grand. I've been away with dds from about 8 months or so. She slept on the plane, slept as normal there. I found nappies to be only slightly more expensive but swim nappies are much more expensive. My dd is formula fed so I brought her formula although you can get formula there, I used the microwave steriliser bags, they were fab.

I agree travelling with younger babies is much easier than the 6 and 3 year old [shudder].

scarlettsmummy2 Mon 10-Oct-11 21:46:56

I took my daughter when she was 4 months no florida and it was fine. I was still breast feeding which made things even easier- no hygiene issues or worries about heating milk.

BadRoly Mon 10-Oct-11 21:49:27

We took dd1 to Majorca when she was 10 weeks old and ds1 to Majorca when he was 6 weeks old. Much easier flying with them at that age than with toddlers... twitches at thought of upcoming Majorca trip with night flights and a 2 year old...

lostinwales Mon 10-Oct-11 21:54:53

Was in the same position 10 years ago, found out I was due with our second child about 8 weeks before an entire family holiday, I thought my mum would be furious grin we went away when DS2 was 6 weeks old and he was a dream. Much easier than his 2 year old brother by a long way. Congratulations and enjoy your holiday. (And don't forget to get all the paperwork ready for the passport so you can send away as soon as possible, DS2's looked ridiculous for years as the photo was taken when he was 6 days old!)

Jerseyellie Mon 10-Oct-11 22:21:10

Hi just spent 5 weeks in Spain and my DS2 was 3months when we got there. Nappies are more expensive there so take a few if money is an issue. If you are FF then start with Aptamil as they don't sell SMA in Spain and it's not supposed to be good for baby to change formulas (we had to post out 5 tins to inlaws and I was expensive). Apart from that I'd suggest more cooled boiled water and if going when very hot, then only take vest suits and evening outfits. In fact baby slept in nappy under mossie net. You can get medicine for babies v easily mine started teething and we had to get Spanish teething gel. Hope this helps.

banana87 Mon 10-Oct-11 22:23:56

You'll be fine smile we took DD to the us at 3 months and she was on the breast or sleeping the whole flight. Much easier than she is now (3)!

hayleysd Tue 11-Oct-11 06:59:55

It will be fine, much easier when they're small, we came back from Egypt (5.5 hours!) last week with our 6 year old and 21 month old and it was a daytime flight there (never again!) and nighttime back (easier as he slept all the way back).

SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 11-Oct-11 11:27:15

Take her! I took my baby to Turkey when she was 8 weeks old and she was fine. Babies are very easy to take away at that age.

goingmadinthecountry Fri 21-Oct-11 20:10:11

Dd3 (our 4th child) was in New York at 5 weeks, St Patrick's Day in Dublin at 2 months, and spent a week in Bahamas at 4 months. They are portable! Take advantage while they are cheap/free to take!

AVoidkaTheKillerZombies Sun 23-Oct-11 11:40:24

We took DS1 to see DH's family in Germany at 6 weeks. We went by Ferry and drove a long way. It wasnt too bad but I wish we could have flown!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now