Talk

Advanced search

Anyone booked a flight for a not yet born baby??

(8 Posts)
peachsmuggler Sat 08-Oct-11 07:45:33

Baby due mid November, and we would like to spend Xmas in Scotland with family (we are in London), but wondering how to book a flight as even though you only pay a nominal charge with most airlines for under twos am sure they ask for name and DOB of baby, neither of which we know yet obvioulsy. Figure if we leave it till end of November it will be very expensive.

Anyone done this before??? I know some airlines let you change passenger details after booking but usually charge for this.

DawnOfTheDeementedDead Sat 08-Oct-11 07:47:44

We had booked a holiday abroad when i found out i was pregnant. I had to wait til baby was born and show birth certificate before i could book her flight.

MOSagain Sat 08-Oct-11 07:49:50

We did this a few years ago with Emirates. Were booking longhaul for when DS would have been 6 weeks old but wanted to book in advance as had fixed dates and was peak time.
We did manage to do it and just had to phone up and provide date of birth and name etc when he was born. This was however Emirates, a pretty good airline, not sure if any of the cheaper airlines would be so accommodating.

Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy grin

Pudding2be Sat 08-Oct-11 08:05:08

I booked my honeymoon with Thomsons before my DD was born. Luckily we had her name picked, and because she'll be under 2 they didn't ask for her DOB

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sat 08-Oct-11 09:28:54

We had DD booked onto a BA flight long before she was born. I knew when her DOB would be, although that wasn't important, nor was her name.
No charge for her AFAIR.

monkey9237 Sat 08-Oct-11 09:34:51

We did this with Air Malta who advised us to book our flights asap and then phone when our baby was born and buy the extra flight later on. For some reason, even though we didnt buy a seat for DS, they gave DS a business class boarding pass (our tickets were economy) so we all ended up in business class. Hurrah for DS!

Congratulations!

peachsmuggler Sat 08-Oct-11 14:45:45

Thanks everyone, might book BA as their website says just to book for yourself and then give them a call once baby arrives!

peachsmuggler Mon 10-Oct-11 11:43:07

Ended up booking with Easyjet who also said just give them a call once baby arrives and they add them on for a coat of £20 which is the normal price per infant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now