Talk

Advanced search

shit i've messed up with priceline - how bad is long island city?

(4 Posts)
NYCorLondon Sat 08-Oct-11 03:44:28

I got a hotel there. Didn't realise I'd selected it, thought it was just Manhattan. Paid £750 for a week which they won't refund so I'm going to have to suck it up. Shit shit shit.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 08-Oct-11 09:21:59

Manhattan is just one part of several boroughs that link NYC together.

Long Island City is in Queens which is one of the outlying NYC boroughs. You will need to travel the subway to arrive into Manhattan each day.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 08-Oct-11 09:26:37

Journey time according to some who have stayed in that area is about 20 minutes into midtown. Its a mainly residential urban area.

NYCorLondon Sat 08-Oct-11 09:50:26

Woo hoo! They WILL refund after all. Phoned them back, sob story and lots of humble pie admitting all guilt. Really good of them because they don't have to. I'll lose £15 admin charge only if I rebook through their website or a night's stay otherwise (so £108). Either way, much much better than I thought. Phew!!!

Attila - the hotel was in the industrial part of LIC about a mile from the nearest subway. It really didn't look safe at all!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now