Talk

Advanced search

Been to Disneyland Paris at New Year?? Need advise, meals sooo expansive that night!!!

(8 Posts)
RunnyBum Fri 07-Oct-11 14:03:49

Can anyone help? We are going to Disneyland Paris over NYE and the meals on that night are eye wateringly expensive!! The lady on the phone said all other restaurants would be closed except for a chosen few which charge at least £105 per adult shock. Is there anywhere else we can eat that night?

Ta x

Granard Sat 15-Oct-11 12:43:46

Hi, if you post this question on the Disneyland / Marne la Vallee forum in Trip Advisor, you'll get an answer. There is one regular poster that lives in the area near DLP and she should be able to help you.

Otherwise, could you eat a late (big) lunch and just have a snack later and enjoy the parade and fireworks?

kaumana Sat 15-Oct-11 12:53:47

Also you can post on the disboards which are very active.

disboards

Figgygirl Sun 23-Oct-11 05:28:00

Hi,
Some of the restaurants in resort do have special menus for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, which are indeed expensive. However, these tend to be the table service ones in the park or hotels. There are still plenty of places to eat including in the Disney Village, which has a Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood and a MacDonalds!
There are some Trip Reports on the TA forum that Granard mentions written by people who have been at this time, so they should help you. Some leave the park for early dinner, so they can then go back in for the evening and fireworks at midnight.
There are plenty of fast food places in the main park which will be open, and all the Disney hotels have buffet restaurants which should be open. Resort will be full, so they have to cater for everyone! Advance Reservations are definitely needed. Who did you ask? Where are you staying?
Dining Reservations number is 0033 160 30 40 50.
This is the link for the TA DLP/ MLV forums.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g2079053-i21935-Disneyland_Paris_Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

CaurnieBred Sun 23-Oct-11 23:23:14

We went to the Rainforest Cafe. I can't remember if we booked but we certainly got there early! However even that wasn't cheap - we were ther when it was about £1/€1 and it cost about £100 for 2 adults and a child for dinner and we didn't push the boat out or anything.

Figgygirl Tue 25-Oct-11 02:56:12

This forum poster has been twice for New Year travelling by coach, so read her Trip Reports which should help. they took a 7yr old, who was 8 the second year.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k3314619-Trip_Report_NYE_2009-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4137254-Trip_Report_for_30_Dec_2_Jan-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

If you are a member of TA you could send her a PM to ask any questions you may have about their experiences - I'm sure she would be glad to help.

Figgygirl Tue 25-Oct-11 03:01:41

You can't usually make reservations for Rainforest Cafe, as not Disney owned. Just turn up and wait. Same for Annette's Diner, which is also in the Village.
You don't make reservations for the fast food restos - only the Disney owned buffets and table service ones.
You can usually book Planet Hollywood and King Ludwigs Castle ( Bavarian ) on www.toptable.com
You also don't book for MacDonalds or Earl Of Sandwich which are also both in the Village, near the lake.

Figgygirl Tue 25-Oct-11 03:06:17

You can see RFC menu and prices on here -

www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/rainforest-cafe/

Menu Cha Cha offers main course and dessert for € 19.95 adult price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now