Talk

Advanced search

Feb half-term: I'm after sun!

(5 Posts)
Mummyisamonster Tue 04-Oct-11 22:01:41

For the first time ever, we've decided to go on holiday at feb half-term, and I'm looking for recommendations please. Will the canaries be warm in feb? It doesn't have to be hot but I do need some warmth! We looked at La Palma, one of the smaller islands in the canaries but I'm worried it'll be too wet in feb. Open to suggestions. We've got kids aged 8 & 6 so we'd like a pool, and preferably we'd like a hotel or catered as don't fancy cooking and going out every night gets pricey.Thanks in advance

Hersetta Wed 05-Oct-11 09:00:17

if you want guaranteed sun without a long haul flight I would consider either Egypt or the Cape Verde Islands. Both will be 30 degrees and over in Feb. I believe Cape verde is a Thompsons only destination. There are very few hotels but those there are very good and all inclusive. i have a friend who has been twice in feb and said it was fabulous.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 05-Oct-11 09:32:18

How long is the holiday and how long are you prepared to fly for?

Mummyisamonster Wed 05-Oct-11 14:01:58

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs, we'll have a week. The shorter the flight the better really, but I'd say 6-7 hours is maximum.

Hersetta, thanks for that, I hadn't thought of the Cape Verde Islands and they sound great, I'll check them out!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 06-Oct-11 09:54:12

I would consider Oman or Dubai or one of the other Emirates. Guaranteed sun and lovely people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now