Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a girls long weekend away abroad?

(6 Posts)
AngryFeet Tue 04-Oct-11 18:10:23

Myself and about 5 of my girlfriends are looking to do a long weekend away in the Easter hols next year. I am trying to find a good place to go that will be warm/hot in a place with good nightlife but not Magaluf type places. I was looking at Sitges near Barcelona but am struggling to find a nice villa that we can rent for less than a week at a time. Ideally we want something for 3 nights only that has a pool and space to sleep 6 (don't mind sharing doubles).

Any ideas? I haven't travelled in Europe for ages so have no idea where is nice to go!

MarkyP Tue 04-Oct-11 18:44:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

nothingoldcanstay Tue 04-Oct-11 20:27:09

Yes Barcelona is good and you can get cheap flights to make up for the expense of staying there. Good hotels in good locations - 1898 on the Ramblas very classy and two fantastic pools. Duquesa de Cardonna - brilliant view (overlooking the marina) but with the barri Gotic straight out of the back door and Barcelona Cathedral- in a prime pedestrian part of the ancient pedestrian old town.
There is a very cool funfair (can't call it a theme park) with views over entire city and more bars restaurants and fantastic things to see then you can shake a stick at.
Palma is also very cool nothing like the dodgy bits of Majorca.

MrsVoltar Fri 07-Oct-11 13:32:14

Would agree with Barcelona or Palma, great places to go although won't be especially hot, should be warm & sunny though.

Seville or Valencia would be warmer, both lovely too.

Would look for apartments rather than villas if you want to be close to nightlife. Villas in Spain can be lovely and great value but are never usually very central, usually need car or taxis for evenings out.

JohnnyRod Fri 07-Oct-11 21:30:50

A southern Spanish city for a few days of holy week. Doesn't matter if you're an aetheist, you'll have a wild time. If it's after Easter then Seville is fantastic, and the bitter orange trees are in bloom just then, the whole city smells of them. There seems to be some sort of law against going to bed before midnight in Spain!

Lucy88 Mon 17-Oct-11 21:33:52

I would second Seville - its gorgeous.

You could also try Tallinn (Estonia) - I would go back there any day.

Budva in Montenegro is fantastic. Lovely beach, great old town, lots of restaurants and bars - very cheap and a distinct lack of drunken chavvy Brits.

Lisbon is also good.

If its a city break you are after, you could try Krakow, Berlin, or Riga but I would avoid any of the Scandinavian City's as they are really expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now