Talk

Advanced search

spain - hire car seats or travel with ours?

(5 Posts)
goosey123 Sun 02-Oct-11 20:14:29

Off to spain with 3 year old and 1 year old, and need to hire car. Last time we hired car seats and they were pretty dodgey.

What do other people do? Does anyone have any recommendations for decent car seat hire in southern spain? Or do people fly with 2 large car seats?

Any advice appreciated, thanks

scotgirl Sun 02-Oct-11 20:19:12

Yes - they will most likely be very dodgy - that was our experience in Gran Canaria - the 5 point harness seat for our 3 year was impossible to get tightly fitted. If you brought your own you would need to check with your airline whether you will be charged - if your not taking a buggy for the older one it might be included...

popflos Fri 07-Oct-11 09:44:49

i am pretty sure easyjet let you take a car seat without charging for it.. seats might not be dodgy, might even be clean, but fitting the alien seat to your hire car will without doubt be the most stressful part of the journey, it sounds simple enough but it wont be. with the 2 kids and luggage etc you are going to need a trolley at the airport anyway so you may aswell throw the car seats in for good measure.

PrettyPirate Fri 07-Oct-11 10:33:15

I would take my own, just find out if there's any charges with your airline. We had bad experience in alicante airport, car seat was dirty and smelly. And yes, even if it's clean, to try to fit it in the car can be nightmare (took DH over 30mins!). After flight when you're tired and kids are tired you don't want extra stress.

MrsVoltar Fri 07-Oct-11 13:24:48

We always take our own but DS is at age where he only needs a booster so much easier.
Would check with your airline for any charges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now