Talk

Advanced search

Flying with 8 week old (and 4 year old)

(4 Posts)
vvviola Sun 02-Oct-11 19:57:37

I'm taking DCs to visit my parents at the end of the month. DD2 will be 8 weeks old.

I've plenty of experience travelling with DD1 but she was a lot older when we started travelling. My biggest worry is the logistics of tr whole thing (DH won't be with us). I've a big silver cross 3d pram - which we use for daytime naps, so will need to bring that as well as the car seat. Problem is, it won't fold properly with the pram part it. Am I likely to have to check it in? That would mean using our Olives&Applesauce carrier for the airport - is that a little too ambitious (for a route that is notoriously prone to delays).

With DD1 we had a maclaren for travel, but that's not really an option is it as DD2 will still be tiny, and needs somewhere to sleep.

Any ideas? Or hints on how to make the whole process easier. (DD2, while a bit of a whirlwind, is generally really good in airports, so I'm not too worried about her as such, just the logistics of managing 2 of them in the airport & getting on to the flight)

vvviola Mon 03-Oct-11 12:16:40

Have since discovered that the 3d will (kind of) fold in pram mode. But requiring use of both hands, which could be tricky.

Any other tips still gratefully received though!

LollipopViolet Mon 03-Oct-11 13:43:34

Is your 4 year old trustworthy enough to hold her sister while you fold the pram? Maybe have her sit on one of the seats near check in, so that she's not standing holding the ababy, fold the pram then go and check in?

Feed on take off/landing if possible.

Dooglej Thu 06-Oct-11 16:26:17

I went away when my baby was 8weeks. I have a bugaboo with pramette (very bulky and 2 piece) and was a little anxious about needing to check it in. I flew out with ryanair. They were fantastic, they let me keep the pram with me until boarding, although I did have a sling in case I had to check my pram in at check in. However staff at boarding were great and helped me out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now