Talk

Advanced search

Area to stay in?

(6 Posts)
magentastardust Sun 02-Oct-11 13:40:19

We have flights booked to alicante next summer - we will be hiring a car and renting a villa ideally with private pool-can anyone recommend a nice area to stay in within around an hours drive of Alicante?

cwtch4967 Sun 02-Oct-11 18:25:06

I will be watching with interest as we have just booked flights to Alicante too. Plan to hire an apartment on a complex (don't want a private pool with young DCs)
We have been looking at the Costa Calida / Mar Menor region.

MrsVoltar Thu 06-Oct-11 14:52:00

Love the area around San Pedro del Pinatar, really 'spanish' and sea at Mar Menor warmer than open sea.

We stayed near Torrevieja but very british and if you get a villa its usually on an area called an 'urbanisation', lots of villas owned by expats, lovely scenery & accomodation but very little spanish 'flavour' IYKWIM.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 06-Oct-11 15:43:46

What about Javea or Denia?.

PrettyPirate Fri 07-Oct-11 10:57:18

Few years ago we stayed in a villa near Javea (might have been somewhere around Teulada.., can't remember the exact place..). But around and in Javea is nice, lovely drives around hills and coastline, little hidden restaurants in small villages.. we only visted Javea in the mornings to have breakfast (lovely cafes with fresh pastries, yummy!), went back to villa for lunchtime hide from the sun and spent afternoons driving around discovering the area. We had 3 month old DD with us, so long evenings drinking out didn't happen but it was still the nicest holiday i've been.

mckenzie Fri 07-Oct-11 10:59:35

My friend raves about La Torre - they hire a villa there most summers. It's in Murcia though and I'm not sure how far from Alicante that is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now