Talk

Advanced search

Come and tell me what you think of this hotel ........ please

(11 Posts)
mosschops30 Thu 29-Sep-11 14:27:57

here

We are looking for something a bit different to the usual majorca family resort hell.
We still need a bit of entertainment for the dcs, but hopefully chav free.

Let me know what you think, all opinions welcome smile

AKMD Thu 29-Sep-11 15:20:15

It looks like a normal family resort hotel to me but off the 'innit' trail. I like that they have an indoor pool and it looks like it's set well back from any busy areas.

notcitrus Thu 29-Sep-11 16:28:35

Garda is lovely and would be a great place to take kids (had my honeymoon there, plan to take the kids as soon as we want to take them abroad). Suits a variety of budget but mostly 'respectably' behaving people - lots of German tourists which means everything is very clean and great buffet breakfasts!

It is on the far side of town and highways from the lake where most sightseeing ops and facilities are - if you will have a car it should be fine, but the views likely not great and if no car could be a bit isolated.

mosschops30 Thu 29-Sep-11 21:30:31

Great thanks, sounds like what ive been looking for.
They run a regular shuttle bus into town day and night. Tbh we want to relax and enjoy some peace and some sun.

Portofino Sat 01-Oct-11 08:58:54

If you are still looking - I am seeking something in Croatia next year - and something here might suit you.....www.maistra.com

Portofino Sat 01-Oct-11 09:00:16

I am looking at the Hotel Park in Rovinj and a 2 room family suite. It gets very good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Bunbaker Sat 01-Oct-11 18:25:10

We went to Lake Garda a month ago and loved it. We stayed here

Not a chav in sight. The hotel caters for an international clientele - when we were there there were people from England, Ireland, Italy, Germany and Scotland. The swimming pool was a good size and no-one got up early to leave their towel on a sunbed. The staff were absolutely fantastic and went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed our stay. The hotel itself isn't luxurious, but scrupulously clean and comfortable. It was only a 5 minute walk from the lake and only an hour's transfer from Verona. We would go back.

Bunbaker Sat 01-Oct-11 18:29:21

It is easy to get around from Garda. There are regular ferries to other towns round the lake and there is a good bus service, which we didn't use because it was so hot.

Portofino we went to Croatia two years ago and stayed here

It is probably the best apartment accommodation we have ever stayed in on holiday. I would definitely go back there.

Portofino Sat 01-Oct-11 19:52:04

Thanks Bunbaker - I will have a look. Maybe further south than we were planning - driving - but DH actually wants to go to Dubrovnik for a couple of days, so this might work....;I am still in the planning stage.

Portofino Sat 01-Oct-11 19:54:43

The Garda hotel looks quite nice too - we will need to stop off somewhere on the way back....

notcitrus Sun 02-Oct-11 16:19:08

was a bit confused as the header on the OP's website said Wellness Hotel Bardolino - Bardolino is halfway down the east side of Lake Garda and is a lovely small town on the bus routes to Verona, known for its wine (the wine museum was fun for adults, as was the restaurant they recommended in the middle of nowhere that was an hour's walk from there and nearly two hours to get back in the dark!)

There's Gardaland theme park which kids might want to go to, but possibly the water park next door would be better for the family - we loved it (though didn't go on some of the taller rides as safety didn't look like much of a consideration!). You either picked up a rubber ring at the bottom of a ride and rolled it to the queue or could hire one for a while to cut out some waiting.
The cable car up the mountains from Malcesine is also good.

Our hotel had stern warnings in the multilingual guide that reserving sunloungers with a towel was forbidden!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now