Talk

Advanced search

Hol with teenagers - New York or Rome?

(13 Posts)
MuthaInsuperior Mon 26-Sep-11 18:19:08

Which would be better for the kids, a week in NY or Rome?

New York has the obvious attractions for teens but I also like the sound of Rome and there is so much to do there.

And to make the choice even harder - there is a Hard Rock Cafe at both grin

Which would you do?

ednurse Mon 26-Sep-11 18:25:30

Never been to Rome but been to NY 4 times. I went aged 18-22. Love it!!

Northernlurker Mon 26-Sep-11 18:27:41

Dd1 (13) says definately New York.

ForYourDreamsAreChina Mon 26-Sep-11 18:28:56

New York. Unless they're into museums and paintings. (and I love Rome,and museums and paintings, but am old grin)

Makiko Mon 26-Sep-11 18:29:30

Message withdrawn

kerrymumbles Mon 26-Sep-11 18:29:37

they've got great museums in NYC as well.

anyway my vote is for NYC. absolutely

SauvignonBlanche Mon 26-Sep-11 18:31:33

My spoilt brats dcs have been to both and loved them both. If they had to pick one to go back to it would be NYC. smile

MuthaInsuperior Mon 26-Sep-11 18:34:01

So Rome is going to have to be somewhere I go when I'm child-free then? sad

<<packs away Rome brochure>>

I think my kids would choose NY too however grin

SauvignonBlanche Mon 26-Sep-11 18:42:05

No - but you did ask us to choose! Your dcs will love either.
Go to Rome another year or when you win the lottery. The Vatican city was amazing!

MuthaInsuperior Mon 26-Sep-11 18:51:33

The trip I was looking at (Thomas Cook so probably could find cheaper) included 7 nights in a hotel in central Rome, entrance to the Vatican museum, Sisteen Chapel, Collesium(sp?) etc and another trip to Pompeii as well as a night at the hard rock cafe - that came to around £1800.

NY is more pricey but I suppose its understandable really.

Bellavita Mon 26-Sep-11 18:54:32

New York without a doubt!

DilysPrice Mon 26-Sep-11 19:04:03

envy envy envy

My two all time favourite cities, but unless your DCs are fashionistas or very into the ancient world or fine art (rare but possible in teens) I'm sure they'd prefer New York.

But if NY would be too much of a financial squeeze I'm sure you would all have a lovely time in Rome as well - you'd have to be a real brat to turn your nose up at a trip to Italy, and I'm sure your DC aren't.

popflos Fri 07-Oct-11 10:29:56

ROME... they can do New York when they are big enough to order drinks in a bar, and have stopped growing so they can buy tonnes of clothes. in the meantime Rome is great for buzz and pizza and pasta and beautiful people..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now