Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which seats on the aeroplane?

(6 Posts)
HufftheHedgehog Mon 19-Sep-11 20:40:23

DH, DS (aged 4), DD (aged 2) and I are going on our first family holiday at the beginning of October, to the Algarve smile I'm really looking forward to it, but I've been wondering where we should all sit on the aeroplane. I thought that DH and DS could sit together with DS next to the window and DD could sit with me and be next to a window too, but would it be better for DS, DD and I to all sit together with DH across the aisle?

I'm probably over-thinking this, but want us all to have a good journey and think DS especially will be very excited as he loves planes! grin

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 19-Sep-11 20:41:36

Are you prebooking seats?

If not you might not get any choice.

HufftheHedgehog Mon 19-Sep-11 21:29:50

Iwish I hadn't thought about prebooking seats (I need to be more like your username!). I'll check now, I had imagined the flight would be fairly quiet as it's out of season, but it would be a right pain if we couldn't all sit together...

Nefret Tue 20-Sep-11 12:29:13

We didn't pre-book seats when we went to the Algarve in August and we still sat together so I woulnd't worry too much, just get there and check in early.

Both ways DH sat with the two girls, which was fine by me, I sat over the aisle and read my book wink

I think they will automatically give you 3 and 1 rather than 2 and 2 anyway as other wide they would be left with 2 single seats.

HufftheHedgehog Tue 20-Sep-11 19:17:47

Thanks Nefret useful to know how the seating worked for you. I always panic about things going wrong so we will check in as early as we can smile

dontwotzme Tue 20-Sep-11 23:17:58

With the children that age at check-in they would try to sit you together in the same row, that is 3 together plus 1 over the aisle. The airlines have a count of number of passengers (adults vs children and family groups). I'd always get to the check-in early anyway. I never pre-pay for family seats and the 4 of us have always been sat in the same row, even if we have checked in late.

For safety reasons the airlines do try and seat families together
Family Groups CAA guidelines

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now