Talk

Advanced search

Driving from Perth to St Andrews?

(10 Posts)
Wallace Sun 18-Sep-11 18:24:22

Coming from North down the A9 to take my sister to uni. When I do a routeplan it takes me South through Cupar, but then when heading back North it takes me up to Dundee.

Why? I would rather come back the same way if possible!

SansaLannister Sun 18-Sep-11 18:29:09

St. A's is not near the motorway. You go through Cupar to get to it if you are coming from the south off the A9.

Wallace Sun 18-Sep-11 18:35:07

I know, but is there a reason google maps tell me to go back through Dundee rather than back through Cupar?

You see ages ago I had a conversation with dh where I remember him saying to go through cuapr but come back dundee way cos it is easier. He never said why and I can't ask him now because he is working away!

shesparkles Sun 18-Sep-11 18:37:31

To go from Dundee to the A9 at Perth is a bit easier as it's dual carriageway and the road through Fife can be a bit of a nightmare. There's no reason not to go that way if you wanted to though

Wallace Sun 18-Sep-11 18:44:18

Is it? For some reason i thought that way took me through dundee? Dual Carriageway sounds good, but does it get very busy?

And it what way can the fife road be a nightmare?

Sorry for the interrogation, but I'm only used to our quiet country roads up North!

Wallace Sun 18-Sep-11 19:16:19

can't make my mind up now!

Wallace Sun 18-Sep-11 19:38:40

Help me decide - I'm leaving at 8 in the morning!

Wallace Sun 18-Sep-11 20:10:39

I think I had better just stop being so wussy, make my mind up and do it grin

shesparkles Mon 19-Sep-11 08:19:00

I've probably missed you but the road through Fife is single carriageway and there are a lot of tractors on it!

You don't need to go right through Dundee, you'd come off the bridge, turn right and go straight on along Riverside Drive, this takes you onto the A90 to Perth then the A9 from there smile

Wallace Mon 19-Sep-11 18:03:40

Thanks. I went the fife way there and back. Very used to single carriageway with lots of tractors grin

Was a very easy and pleasant drive smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now