Talk

Advanced search

BMI Baby online checkin

(4 Posts)
5Foot5 Sat 17-Sep-11 17:37:29

Last night we booked flights with BMI Baby for the october half term. We decided to make do with one case for the three of us (DH, DD and I) and take as much as we could as hand luggage. This meant that one of us (DH) has the suitcase and will therefore have to do airport check in, for which the cost is £16. For DD and I we have selected online check in which is free.

Today I was talking to a friend about this and she said that a couple of years ago they had an annoying experience with BMI Baby when they tried to do similar, i.e. one person in the party doing airport check in and one online. Basically when they tried to do the online check in it wouldn't let them because someone in the group had luggage, then at the airport they both had to pay for airport check in anyway, even though the system had allowed them to request one doing online and one not.

She said she complained in writing but got nowehere as BMI Baby said this was part of their rules. I read the T&Cs and couldn't see anything that said we weren't allowed to do this but I wondered if anyone has any more recent experience of flying with BMI and whether they have managed to do this successfully

5Foot5 Wed 21-Sep-11 16:43:23

Bump

Anyone?

bmibaby Wed 21-Sep-11 17:03:31

Hello 5foot5, bmibaby here! Just to let you know we spotted your query and have investigated this on your behalf. We can confirm that there should be no problem checking in two passengers from the party online, with the remaining passenger checking in at the airport with luggage. If you do experience any difficulties with this, please do let us know and we will do our best to help! You can find us here on Facebook: www.facebook.com/flybmibaby, here on Twitter: twitter.com/bmibaby_com or here on the phone: bit.ly/bkUDmW

5Foot5 Thu 22-Sep-11 12:27:59

Wow thanks bmibaby !

I have it from the horse's mouth - so to speak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now