Talk

Advanced search

HELP Official site for renewing E111 card.

(15 Posts)
VoldemortsNipple Sat 17-Sep-11 12:45:58

Im trying to renew our E111 cards which is nowcalled EHIC and there is more than one website offering the service. on two that Ihave been on they are charging different prices for processing the cards. I need them by the end of the month; DS1 is going away with the school.

What website should I use.

Thanks

I renewed ours by phone for no charge? What are you paying for?

here

You should apply for a new one before the expiry date - you can apply up to six months before your old card expires. The easiest way to apply is online or by phone on
0845 606 2030

mollymole Sat 17-Sep-11 12:54:11

there is NO CHARGE for renewing your cards
the sites you are using are not official
you can telephone to renew on 0845-606-2030
or look on site
www.ehic-nhs.eu

lostinwales Sat 17-Sep-11 12:54:51

What squirted linked to. This is how we did ours, it was free and they came within a week.

VoldemortsNipple Sat 17-Sep-11 13:01:48

Thanks everybody.

They are already out of date, so Iwill do it online now with the link mollymole has put up.

I thorght it was a bit strange, but wondered if they had introduced a processing fee.

VoldemortsNipple Sat 17-Sep-11 13:18:00

Just renewed though that link.
There was still a processing fee of £8.95.

LIZS Sat 17-Sep-11 13:22:39

There shouldn't have been - ours were definitely free

LIZS Sat 17-Sep-11 13:25:49

mollymole's link is NOT the official one , sorry think you've been had

purpleturtle Sat 17-Sep-11 13:26:34

Too late for you now, but the link from this page should provide free EHIC cards:

I linked you to the government site. Dot gov dot uk.
Theres no charge.

mumofsoontobelawstudent Sat 17-Sep-11 15:43:30

I applied for new ones less than 2 weeks ago and they arrived within approximately one week. No charge

AnnaBegins Sat 17-Sep-11 16:03:44

This is the official site that direct gov and NHS link to www.ehic.org.uk I got mine from there, free of charge as they should be. Warning though, the telephone system is one of the most annoying things I've ever encountered! I do hope you haven't been scammed and manage to get them in time.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 18-Sep-11 08:41:57

Anyone who pays for these EHIC cards is giving money to people who want to charge you for a free service. Only use the official website as Anna mentions in order not to get ripped off.

mollymole Sun 18-Sep-11 18:05:29

sorry you had to pay - i do not know why as i did not have to pay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now