Talk

Advanced search

Is this an ok price for family of 3?

(9 Posts)
lizardqueenie Thu 15-Sep-11 10:52:09

Hi there

Have found me, DH & DD (10.5) months a nice little holiday in algarve in mid Oct, at a v family friendly villa, comes with all baby equipment. Costing just over £350 for a week, flights come in around £300 & car hire around 160 euros. So around £900 excluding food, trips etc. Is this are good price?
DH thinks its quite expensive & I'm so sleep deprived & in need of a break I can't think at all!

Ponders Thu 15-Sep-11 11:02:21

Well I make it £800, not £900, if it helps smile

It sounds pretty good to me

MrsVoltar Thu 15-Sep-11 14:28:44

IMO not expensive, but not cheap either for October, as usually low season. But, have noticed flights are a bit more expensive this year than usual.

Are your flights Easyjet? they are usually the most reasonable.

I usually try to find the nicest cheapest apartment/villa I can find then DP looks at it & thinks thats too basic or something grin.

For me, location is very important, rather than luxury. I like to be able to walk to restaurants etc so find apartments in better locations rather than villas which can be remote, or in 'villa developments' with no local flavour.

lizardqueenie Thu 15-Sep-11 16:18:10

That just goes to show how tired I am- I can't count! I think it was something like £350ish so not far off the £900 mark all together.
The flights were with monarch & includes a seat for DD, even though she won't be 1 by that time I'm sure we'll prob all get a bit more peace if she has her own space.

Yes I wouldn't say it's luxurious but well equipped & convenient which is what I'm thinking is important whereas DH thinks we should go somewhere with a bit more glitz
Any suggestions for mid Oct? I'd like somewhere warmish & it will be our first flight with DD. Thanks for any ideas smile

MrsVoltar Thu 15-Sep-11 16:25:58

Algarve would be great mid Oct, we've been in Nov and its still warm & sunny. Think Easyjet would be cheaper than Monarch, but can depend on flight times etc.

You may have done this already but owners direct, holiday lettings and holiday rentals.co.uk are all really good for accomodation.

doozle Thu 15-Sep-11 16:28:16

I think that's a very good price.

lizardqueenie Thu 15-Sep-11 17:06:04

Thanks Mrs will check out those sites. Yes monarch were best times & actually on this occasion worked out ever so slightly cheaper than EJ!

Nefret Fri 16-Sep-11 10:15:32

Sounds a good price to me for a villa holiday. We went to the Algarve this year and we loved it, we actually flew with Monarch too and the flight times were very good and cheaper than Easyjet.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Wed 21-Sep-11 19:48:28

James villas has some good deals ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now