Talk

Advanced search

Single parent family holidays

(3 Posts)
Bluejules Wed 14-Sep-11 21:57:56

I want to take my 4 year old son on holiday next year - it's just the two of us so ideally want somewhere with other families / children he can play with. I'm not sure about using a company that's specifically for single parents as they seem to be undercover dating services which I'm not into!

We'll need to travel in August, don't want to be on a plane for too long but want somewhere warm, with a sandy beach, other children around and not too touristy. Any ideas gratefully received...!
thanks, Bluejules

MrsVoltar Thu 15-Sep-11 14:19:07

IMO, as a single parent you might be wise to look at travelling independantly, to avoid jumped up prices compared with 'couple' prices, or single/underoccupancy supplements. I would check somewhere like alpharooms who do flight + hotel packages but not 'package' holidays

If you haven't done this before, main thing to do for payment protection is pay by visa and get some travel insurance as soon as you book.

Also advise to try and get somewhere where package holiday companies do go, to get company for your DS.

Have recommended this before but we found these apartments in Punta Prima great, lots of kids, nice pool, good location (they are also known as Punta Prima Playa apartments).
HTH

YoFluffy Tue 20-Sep-11 21:27:22

Have you looked at www.SingleWithKids.co.uk? I've just discovered them this year and had a fab break in Majorca with a group of 15 other single parent families. The resort wasn't too busy, the hotel had great facilities and the beach just perfect.

I've booked for a UK break in Autumn with them, not quite the same weather or beach but we're looking forward to it all the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now