Talk

Advanced search

cheap, cheerful & sunny in Jan/Feb/March?

(3 Posts)
iskra Fri 09-Sep-11 16:03:04

We are thinking of booking a week holiday some time between Christmas & Easter. Think we will just be coming out of the depths of our winter despair compounded by a new baby who no doubt will never sleep Sunshine would be nice! 2 adults, 3 yo, baby around 6 months I suppose. We've never done a package holiday before, can they be cheap, or are we probably better off flying somewhere sunny that Easyjet go to (Israel?!) & hiring a self catering there? We normally do backpacking & quite cultural stuff I s'pose, but really just looking for somewhere warm & sunny for a wee break...

mosschops30 Fri 09-Sep-11 16:08:19

Canaries is fab that time of year. As long as youre not going in school holidays it can be very reasonable.
Me and dh went to tenerife in january 5* all inclusive for £500 each, that was everything inc transfers so we spent nothing else.
So it can be done much cheaper than that.
I find thomas cook generally cheaper than thomson/first choice

mosschops30 Fri 09-Sep-11 16:11:13

Just had a very quick look and you can get a 3* in playa blanca, lanzarote, all inclusive for one week for £1180 for all of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now