Talk

Advanced search

Driving and parking in Paris

(7 Posts)
Ladygaggia Wed 07-Sep-11 17:10:27

DH would like to see his Aunt sing in Paris this weekend. As it is quite last minute and train fares are high I suggested that we drove and took the Chunnel.
He is worried about driving/parking in Paris and wondered if there was a train station nearby that had cheap parking that we could leave the car at and take the train in the rest of the way.

Anyone got any suggestions?

AgentProvocateur Wed 07-Sep-11 17:12:30

No, but parking out of town and getting the train in is by far the best idea. We tried driving into Paris once, and we almost got divorced. In fact, it was so horrendous, we didn't even park or get out the car in the end. sad

Driving in Paris can be pretty awful, especially the roundabouts where they have no respect for lanes like we do here grin

AMumInScotland Wed 07-Sep-11 17:19:29

try this grin

poorbuthappy Wed 07-Sep-11 17:20:11

What about eurostar?

Ladygaggia Wed 07-Sep-11 17:31:42

Oh that looks brilliant AMumInScotland - thanks

Eurostar would be good, but it's twice the price of the chunnel and petrol needed to get us there.

eslteacher Thu 08-Sep-11 23:49:18

Hi. I live in the Paris suburbs, and my local train station has a big car park that is totally free, no cost at all and you can leave your car there as long as you like. 23 mins on the train into central Paris, trains every 7 - 15 minutes. PM me if you want more details, and have a great time in Paris.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now