Talk

Advanced search

Andalucia

(4 Posts)
5Foot5 Tue 06-Sep-11 16:57:48

With Malaga as a base is it possible to visit places like Granada, Seville, Cordoba and Ronda as day trips?

If so, which would be the best way to do this - hire car, train, excursion?

JohnnyRod Tue 06-Sep-11 21:11:47

Yep, it's all fairly easy, but you want to drive. Spanish drivers are a bit of a laugh but it's the easiest way to get around. Seville is beautiful, and around Easter the bitter orange trees are in blossom, the city is filled with them. Granada is a small city but also beautiful and various things to see. Cordoba, less so. Don't go in summer!

JustAnother Fri 09-Sep-11 13:55:54

The train between Cordoba and Sevilla is fine, but to get from Malaga to Granada and Ronda, you really need a car and lots of patience. Driving round there is rather unnerving. Last time I did it, I got from Malaga to Granada, parked the car in the first space I found and didn't move it until we had to go back to Malaga 3 days later.

Bunbaker Sun 11-Sep-11 17:11:12

Having driven round Andalucia several years ago, nothing on earth will induce me to drive round Granada, Seville or Cordoba again, even with a sat nav to help. Having said that, they are definitely worth visiting, as is Ronda.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now