Talk

Advanced search

Campsite/holiday park in southern France please

(6 Posts)
minxthemanx Mon 05-Sep-11 19:19:42

Want to do camping in France next summer, well in mobile home, or super tent. Have no idea so hoping someone can recommend somewhere:
- southern ish France so weather ok
- swimming pool, near beach
- NOT aiming for kids clubs/entertainment, a bit quieter than that, but with sporty type things to do
- maybe fly so in ok distance of an airport

Anyone know of anywhere? I could trawl through Keycamps/Eurocamps, but wondered if anyone's been to an independent (cheaper smile) site.

minxthemanx Mon 05-Sep-11 20:13:52

bumping

frenchfancy Tue 06-Sep-11 11:15:52

We go here:

http://en.campinglajoletiere.fr/

Small independent site in South Venée. The chalets are nice, ask for cabin 71 to get the space by the willow tree.

Nice heated pool. Loads to do nearby ingluding canoeing on lake and go-ape type tree thing (within 5 mins of site)

Beach about 45 mins away. La Rochelle is the nearest airport.

For a price comparison Chalet 1 week in August 450€ vs Eurocamp at St Julien des Landes (which is not on the coast either) £1330 for 2 bed mobile home.

As I see it that means you are paying about £950 for a waterslide and a kidsclub.

frenchfancy Tue 06-Sep-11 11:16:49

Vendée not Venée!

Link en.campinglajoletiere.fr/

eslteacher Thu 08-Sep-11 23:53:37

I went [[http://www.campinglesgrandspins.com here] this year, it was lovely. There is a kids club and entertainment but obviously you can just ignore it. Lots of sports activities, and very well organised to enable everyone to join in.

Tons of beaches 10 - 15m drive away, and the campsite sits on a lake with lovely sandy beaches too so thats another option (the water is a bit shallow for adult swimming, but perfect for young children).

Only downside could be that its in South West France, the weather isn't as guaranteed as the South East. But I have always holidayed in the SW, its more relaxed, less baking-hot and has a really relaxing, peaceful atmosphere.

eslteacher Thu 08-Sep-11 23:54:00

Ai, that should have been here obviously

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now