Talk

Advanced search

Jet 2 package holidays - reviews please!

(6 Posts)
janjas Sun 04-Sep-11 08:58:58

Hi, has anybody booked with Jet 2 before? Ive found a lovely holiday which I want to book with them and they seem very cheap. A bit too cheap! Please can I have some comments, both good & bad? Thank you!

Waswondering Sun 04-Sep-11 09:01:28

We went with jet 2 to Majorca this summer with no problems. Good value and hassle free. Hth

We went to Majorca too! No problems at all, just printed off all our stuff and checked in on-line. Transfers were hassle-free too.

Where are you going janjas?

Yorkshiremum Sun 04-Sep-11 12:37:39

Not a holiday but we've flown with Jet 2 twice this year and they've been great! Easy check in (never a queue!), flights on time plus you can pre-book seats unlike some budget airlines.

Would recommend the flights certainly!

Ponders Sun 04-Sep-11 12:48:14

we flew with Jet2 from Manchester at around 7am; they were checking in 4 or 5 flights at once, in one queue, it was total chaos (well, 2 queues - one for online check-in people to drop their baggage, with about 8 desks, & one for airport check-in people, with about 5 - having paid £8 per person each way for airport check-in I was not impressed with that hmm)

haven't tried their package holidays though (& prob wouldn't, after that experience!)

janjas Sun 04-Sep-11 18:54:48

We want to go the the Hotel Volcan in Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. Its a 5* and is so expensive if you book through Sovereign or any of these other "posh" holiday companies! But with Jet 2, its about £500 cheaper, and thats with half board whereas all the others are just bed & breakfast! I'm just a bit dubious because Ive looked on their reviews and a few people have mentioned that when they got to their resort they had been double booked.

I suppose most people only write comments when they are unhappy, not the thousands that ARE happy, but it still made me want to check.

Also, I guess they keep they costs down because they are a no frills airline,you dont get the benefit of a rep whilst on holiday etc etc. We've been to Playa Blanca before so dont need the "welcome meeting" etc!

Am welcoming your comments, thankyou! Am new to Mumsnet so its lovely to have people reply! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now