Talk

Advanced search

Florida spends and passes

(3 Posts)
noyouhavehadawee Fri 02-Sep-11 18:42:22

Pricing this up for next April, i have accomadation and flights boxed off but how and what passes do you recomend? Dont mind a bit of a visit to disney and perjaps the studios to see harry potter and what not then would like to go space centre and love love love water parks - no interest in seeing shamoo the 60th at all. Dh keeps mentioning it and gator land - me thinks not. Going for 2 weeks and would like to not kill myself doing parks every day as would like some relax down time. Your advice welcomed....... Dh went like 20 yrs ago so sure his ideas are well out of date........

mumofsoontobelawstudent Sun 04-Sep-11 22:30:05

Do you have children? If so how old as recommendations will vary dependant on ages.
Harry Potter World at Islands of Adventure well worth going to, we went in October/November last year and it was fabulous, very very impressive.

Newest waterpark is Aquatica (owned by Seaworld) which is quite good. Also highly recommended is Discovery Cove (also owned by Seaworld) where you can swim with dolphins. Not cheap but an amazing day and you get a 7 or 14 day pass to Seaworld too included in the ticket price. Need to book months in advance though for peak times.

If you have booked a villa it is quite nice to be able to return to it and relax in the afternoon/evenings by the pool after a busy park day.

Loads of deals around ref tickets, there is the orlando flex ticket which has various different options for the non Disney parks. Have a google for KGS (Kissimmee Guest Services) who are based close to Disney at Celebration, they sometimes do good deals and you can pick tickets up from 8am on your way to a park on your first day. We used them last year and they were very good.

Avinalarf Tue 13-Sep-11 19:40:57

Disney Typhoon Lagoon is a lovely water park. We just got back from Florida and spent a day there. I would have gone back another few days too - very relaxing and good for all age groups - but the kids had their own itineries for every day <groan> On that note, look around for good deals. Door price for Typhoon Lagoon is $50, but we saw a lot of petrol stations (bizarrely) and convenience stores in the area advertising for cheaper and managed to get them for $30 in the end. Disney has another water park called Blizzard Beach (havent been, though), as well as Discovery Cove, and Aquatica which is at Seaworld, I think, plus Wet N Wild (old fashioned and a bit run down, but good slides and a seven day pass costs $50.

We stayed in an apartment complex with a pool and spent down days lazing about there. If you are hiring a car, there are some lovely beaches in Florida but they are a good 2-3 hour drive from Orlando. Look at Anna Maria, Bradenton, Clearwater and St Petes on the west coast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now