Talk

Advanced search

Where's still hot end sept/beginning oct?

(10 Posts)
sunnysunnyshine Thu 01-Sep-11 23:21:20

Looking to go away end of September / beginning of October for some sunshine. Have 14 month old so ideally would like a shortish flight (2-3hrs). Is there anywhere still hot at that time of year that isnt too far away? Does anybody have any recommendations pls?
Thanks

AnyFucker Thu 01-Sep-11 23:23:00

Turkey...but flight is more like 4 hours

Malta

The very south of Spain

Cyprus..again, 4 hr flight

The Canaries of course

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Fri 02-Sep-11 06:42:17

Croatia.

Nefret Fri 02-Sep-11 11:13:27

Turkey. It is about 3½ hours to Bodrum and the weather is gorgous at that time of year.

I have done the journey with my girls since they were babies and I have never found the flight too long.

ImeldaM Fri 02-Sep-11 11:17:49

Algarve or Costa del Sol. Might not be 'hot' though but probably t-shirt weather/warm & sunny.

sunnysunnyshine Fri 02-Sep-11 21:17:02

Thanks for your replies... Think the places that are guaranteed hot sunshine are going to be 3-4hr flights... Obvious I suppose. Just not sure if my fidget pants ds would handle it. The flight to Ibiza in may was hard work and that was only 2hrs!

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 02-Sep-11 21:24:05

Southern Spain or Greek Islands.

Can thoroughly recommend Seville and Cadiz.

Costa del Sol will be high twenties generally at that time (I have lived here for 7 years), chillier in the evenings, maybe 18/19, but no lower than that at end of September. Doesn't chill down til mid November really and only then to 15 at night/22-24 in the day.

Decorhate Sat 03-Sep-11 10:02:55

Crete. Went mid-October years ago. Really loved it - went to Rethymion in Western Crete, not a mad clubbing place back then at least, great beach for kids.

gordonpym Sun 04-Sep-11 07:26:26

Crete, yes but here www.google.es/search?q=elafonisi&hl=it&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=ivnsm&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=ohljTq24AYGv8gOjxun4Cg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBIQ_AUoAQ&biw=1427&bih=699, Elafonisi is just a piece of paradise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now