Talk

Advanced search

YOUR APRIL HOLIDAY BOOKED YET?

(19 Posts)
mrsmerryberry Thu 01-Sep-11 17:08:24

Just after some ideas really, as I want to go away somewhere warm in April half term coming up, but don't really know where to go. I definately would like somewhere that offers loads for children and a really nice hotel that caters for children.

Have you booked yours yet or is there anywhere you can recommend that you have been to in the past?
Many thanks.

Fimbo Thu 01-Sep-11 17:13:12

Do you mean Easter? It is incredibly early next year round about 31st March!

Anyway that aside, I think we are going back to Center Parcs in Europe, we have been the last 2 years, first to one in Holland and then to Belgium last year. Dh would like to try a German one next. They are half the cost of the same week as the English ones (with the exception of France as that's newer!) and we pay for the ferry using Tesco clubcard vouchers.

If money is no object then I would suggest Crieff Hydro in Scotland, it is a fantastic place with loads to do for children and has an evening creche thing up to 12 years, which means you can eat in peace! They also do a childrens tea. Ok it is not going to be warm but I think you struggle to find a place that is warm with loads going on for children.

Maybe Mark Warner though?

mrsmerryberry Sun 04-Sep-11 15:12:44

Thanks Fimbo.

mumofsoontobelawstudent Sun 04-Sep-11 22:24:43

Yes, yes, yes and I'm very excited as we finally booked last week. DH and I have been longing for years for a holiday with just us and youngest two children as its always so hard with the 'big' ones around and so hard to plan anything.
DC1 will be off to Uni soon so (hopefully!) won't want to keep tagging along with us so we've sneakily booked for whilst DC2 is on a school trip snowboarding. We are going to Bangkok for a few days then down to Koh Samui where we've booked a fabulous hotel that apparently has a kids club (Mai Samui beach resort and spa) 6 days there then a day and night in Dubai to break the journey up on the way home and hopefully catch up with some friends there. Can't bloody wait, just what the doctor ordered after the shitty year DH and I have had. Now just need to lose about 3 stone to fit my lardy arse into a bikini grin

MABS Thu 08-Sep-11 19:47:28

lovely MOS smile

mumofsoontobelawstudent Thu 08-Sep-11 22:29:38

Can't bloody wait MABS, really need a holiday. grin Have to say am very envy of your next break

MABS Fri 09-Sep-11 07:01:35

mmm, Dubai with the girlies on 21 Sept will be lovely, I am very lucky and can't wait smile Then Oz on 18 Oct with the family! Thailnad will be amazing Mos, you will have a great time

wordsonapage Fri 09-Sep-11 07:06:40

I' m doing the opposite ( Dubai to England) in October, then again for Christmas and then Mauritius in feb for half term..

MABS Fri 09-Sep-11 17:21:32

nice wordonapage smile

mumofsoontobelawstudent Fri 09-Sep-11 22:40:59

want to houseswop wordsonapage? I'm starting to miss the sun wink

MABS Sat 10-Sep-11 08:35:39

i always miss the sun sad my kids should have been strating school tmro in AUH .

wordsonapage Sat 10-Sep-11 08:40:00

Would do mos but you'd be stuck with the dc's and dh for part of it ..he may be slightly bemused ( or try to get you to do the washing)

mumofsoontobelawstudent Sat 10-Sep-11 08:45:22

Ah, ok, maybe not then. Does your DH also not know where the washing machine is?
Since moving back to the UK I think DH still thinks we have have someone here to do all the washing, ironing and cleaning. He just continues to throw his clothes in the general direction of the washing basket and of course they miraculously wash and iron themselves angry

MABS Sat 10-Sep-11 09:51:09

mine has always done that Mos!

Runoutofideas Sat 17-Sep-11 14:03:34

MOSTBLS - We're off to Thailand next Easter too - V Excited. Bangkok, Phuket and Krabi.

Pagwatch Sat 17-Sep-11 14:08:16

Yes yes, very excited.
Disney Florida and then sanibel.

Not nearly as excited as ds2 though. That would be impossible.

mumofsoontobelawstudent Sat 17-Sep-11 15:38:15

ooh, Sanibel, have always fancied going there. Can you let me have any recommendations when you get back. We were going to go to Florida at Easter but flights alone were going to be around 5k shock

Pagwatch Sat 17-Sep-11 15:52:58

Sure I will.
Easter is a git price wise isn't it.

mumofsoontobelawstudent Sat 17-Sep-11 15:59:43

bloody daft prices. We have a house there that we can't afford to visit! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now