Talk

Advanced search

Daft question re sleeping arrangements!!

(6 Posts)
fruitychicken Wed 31-Aug-11 21:38:45

Planning hol for next year. our DD will be almost 2 when we go. Planning to book a 1 bedroom apartment. Just wondering what's the norm re sleeping arrangements. We were thinking of putting her down in the bedroom so we don't disturb her as we hopefully get to sit on a balcony and relax!! However, do feel like we should be able to have the nice comfy bed rather than the single sofa beds!!!! I know we obviously can use the bedroom but she is a light sleeper & haven't slept in same room since she was about 3 months old! Told you it was a daft question!!! What has anyone else done when they were on holiday??

Antidote Wed 31-Aug-11 21:42:47

Just got back from holiday in Hungary with DS (10months).

We had a (huge!) room with a sofa and chairs at one end & a double bed at the other.

We put him down in a cot at the far end with the sofa/chairs, and then retired to bed / balcony to read & relax. We also took a baby monitor so we could go downstairs for a meal.

It was fine, but he sleeps like the dead (in 3 hour slots, but that's another problem).

LawrieMarlow Wed 31-Aug-11 21:46:22

Is there much price difference between 1 bed and 2 bed apartments? For me the advantage of self catering over a hotel is that you don't need to share a room with a child although this isn't an issue for lots of people. Is tgere any type of travel cot she could sleep in - does seem silly for her to get the nice bed and you get rubbish ones.

fruitychicken Wed 31-Aug-11 21:55:28

Lawrie, the place we like the look of is on the outer limits of our price range, so to pay the under occupancy for a 2 bed would take it of of reach unfortunately, although it would be the perfect solution!! The even more stupid thing is she will still be in a travel cot as she wont be in a 'big bed' yet!

Antidote, I have been thinking of your option too. Looking at brochure pics it might be possible to 'hide' her from the rest of the living space but realistically we will just have to wait and see. It still is ages away so I'm thinking about it way too soon!!!!

Nefret Fri 02-Sep-11 11:20:05

When my dd was 2 we used to just take her in the bed with us. It was just easier that way.

If you want to sit on the balcony rather than the living room though why not put her in the living room and turn the lights off.

Tweetinat Sat 03-Sep-11 10:50:15

I have to say that I would never book a holiday without having a separate room for DS even if that meant getting somewhere slightly more affordable so we could get a two bedroom. Maybe I'm a prude but holidays are an important time for DH and I to get, ahem, you know, 'friendly' in a relaxed environment and I just couldn't do that with DS in the room. And yes, I know you don't have to do the deed in the bedrooom but I like being comfortable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now