Talk

Advanced search

Rhodes - anyone been?

(6 Posts)
SmellySkidMarks Mon 29-Aug-11 09:42:03

Looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday in the sun and found an all inclusive near a waterpark - sounds ideal.

Any insight?

LollipopViolet Mon 29-Aug-11 13:23:10

I've been twice, loved it both times, although the 2nd time my family and I had to move (I was 10) as we had a lot of noise problems within the apartment block and went the first 2 days of 10 with very broken sleep.

Both times we stayed in Falariki (however you spell it) and then were moved to Pefos, I think.

girlywhirly Mon 29-Aug-11 16:51:04

Pefkos is fab for families, not too in your face, lovely beach, good cafes and restaurants. Quite a variety of accommodation from self-catering apts to hotels. Can get a taxi to Lindos cheaply.

We passed through Faliraki on the coach and it looked awful and it had a bad reputation with all the 18-30 holidaymakers, I hope it's improved. (Admittedly this was 2004 when we went.)

Sirzy Mon 29-Aug-11 17:22:03

Pefkos is lovely we stayed there and Lindos is beautiful.

I would avoid Falaraki unless you want - as PP said 18-30 type holiday - when we drove through last year it looked awful!

dreamingofsun Mon 29-Aug-11 20:46:42

rhodes is lovely, but agree avoid falaraki unless you are a drunken teenager. water park is there.

girlywhirly Tue 30-Aug-11 11:59:50

If you wanted, you could probably get on a daytrip to a water park while staying somewhere nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now