Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

holiday somewhere warm next easter

(5 Posts)
soxy Mon 29-Aug-11 09:18:40

hi

we are looking to take our main holiday next easter time so wanted to get recommendations of somewhere good for two young 'uns (1yr and 4yr) that will be nice and warm but not roasting!

Was thinking maybe southern med (sicily, greek islands etc) but am open to ideas!

Thanks!

DooinMeCleanin Mon 29-Aug-11 09:23:06

We've just been to Tenerife and it was very nice. Very hilly, but very nice. The weather stays pretty much constant all year round but can get a wee bit chilly on an evening apparently. We are hoping to go back in Feburary. It's sunny and bright but bearable.

I don't like it is as much as Turkey, but the resort we stayed in was a bit posh and our hotel was extremely posh (there was actually a Tarquin there, we over heard him tell 'mummy' how the pool was too cold, just like the one at the summer house hmm) We are not posh, so that might have coloured my view a little.

Loads of great trips and Zoos for the children. My children seemed to enjoy Lorro park (a Zoo/Sealife Ceneter) and the water park the best.

SecretSquirrels Mon 29-Aug-11 17:35:16

I don't think it will be reliably warm at Easter in the med.
The Canaries are probably the nearest. Even there while it's pleasantly warm in April but not hot and the sea/pools are still chilly.

ENormaSnob Sat 03-Sep-11 14:28:16

Egypt?

polarfox Mon 05-Sep-11 11:09:22

The med resorts and canaries will be a gamble for easter time, even if warm they wont be hot!! You will have to look further afield- the cost wont be that much far off if you look into it, there are some good deals outside of europe. Egypt is a safe bet weather wise..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now