Talk

Advanced search

la croix du vieux pont

(4 Posts)
rosy71 Tue 23-Aug-11 09:57:02

Has anyone stayed here? We're considering staying here so that we can visit Paris and Disneyland. How convenient is it for this? The campsite seems to have really good reviews but I'm not sure about staying in a tent here (reviews less good for this). Any advice would be great. TIA.

ChippyMinton Tue 23-Aug-11 21:08:42

I was there a few weeks ago for 3 nights in a mobile home. Apart from the fact that it rained most of the time, it was fine. The pitches seem well laid out and the swimming pools were good.
Don't know about Disney or Paris, though I saw day trips advertised for both.

IDontDoIroning Tue 23-Aug-11 21:17:36

Stayed there in May 2010. They do day trips to Paris and Disneyland but TBH if you want to go to Disney or Paris for more than just one day I would consider staying elsewhere as its not that close.
Its quite a nice site, good facilities and a nice pool etc although it rained for the last few days we were there and as its quite close to the river the pitches aren't well drained so we woke up to ducks swimming under the caravan. It did drain away fairly quickly though and not all the pitches are like this.
I would say it suits older kids as there are a few fishing lakes which arent fenced off so no good for non swimming toddlers in my opinion.
if you wanted somewhere better for disney we stayed at Les jablines a few years ago, this was about 20 minutes drive from disney. There are also sites much closer to Paris have a look on the UK campsite site finder.

GnomeDePlume Tue 23-Aug-11 23:06:14

We have stayed there a few times. We used the campsite trip to Paris. Not cheap but well worth it as it meant we didnt have to bother with the (nightmare) drive or parking.

The facilities are good with an indoor pool if the weather isnt great.

We werent bothered about the lakes but having lived in the Netherlands for many years we tend to have a fairly robust attitude to open water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now