Talk

Advanced search

Majorca - Are Pampers called pampers in local shops and can you buy swim nappies

(6 Posts)
moomin156 Wed 17-Aug-11 11:43:56

I know Majorca isnt exactly the middle of nowhere but just wondered if they had a different brand name in Spain......travelling with a 3month ( corrected) old in september

MayDayChild Wed 17-Aug-11 20:52:21

Hi
I went to cala D'or in may. Plenty of shops and nappies but more than double price of home. Captive Market!
Take baby stuff with you and buy your lotions and potions out there instead
Have you got steriliser bags for bottles? boots swim nappies much cheaper but 3 months is tiny so buy smallest they have Xs if poss.

loopsngeorge Wed 17-Aug-11 23:13:54

Not sure if this is correct but I was told that the Dodot brand that you see all over Spain was made by Pampers. I think the last time I was in Majorca I saw Pampers in the shops as well, but I always found the Dodot nappies fine.
Agree with MayDayChild about the price - formula is incredibly expensive out there.

magentastardust Fri 19-Aug-11 00:22:06

Yes dodots are pampers smile

Tina2003 Fri 19-Aug-11 15:17:23

I have visited Mallorca several times with my kids, I would recommend buying your nappies here in the UK. Believe it or not, right now the UK is cheaper for these items than most places in Europe. I know Sinisbury and Boots usually have good discounts if you buy more than 1 package.

mosschops30 Fri 19-Aug-11 21:34:09

Just got back from majorca, took nappies with us but ran out, cost 7€ for a pack of 16 pampers so more expensive than home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now