Talk

Advanced search

Things to do with toddlers South of France

(3 Posts)
AVW Tue 16-Aug-11 12:47:42

We're heading off to Mougins (sp?) with all my outlaws on Saturday. Just wondered if anyone had any top tips for days out with 5 under 5's. I've only visited this area with single girls ;) NOt sure which beaches are best for families. Any recommendations gratefully welcomed!

lechatnoir Tue 16-Aug-11 13:30:46

I'd say Juan Les Pins or Antibes for sandy beaches although definitely avoid them at the weekend as they'll be HEAVING!

mycatoscar Tue 16-Aug-11 15:46:19

Whilst on hoilday in S of France we went to antibes for a day out last week and the beach was nice, although very busy we found a spot. There were however, quite a few jelly fish and people getting stung, Port Vauban is worth a wander round - its where all the rich park their yachts (watch out for the car park though, E2.70 per hour shock). The nicest place we went to swim other than the pool was Lac de St Cassien in the var, not far from where you are going (we stayed in a small village just outside grasse). Valbonne market is on Friday mornings and was a nice morning out, there are restaurants in a pedestrian square and ther was also a lovely little children play area in one of the side streets, just minutes from the square. We also did a day out in Nice where we hiked up to the top of the "castle" and found to our surprise a lovely big putdoor playground with lots of big trees for shade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now