Talk

Advanced search

ESTA application, small mistake, need to reapply?

(4 Posts)
almondfinger Tue 16-Aug-11 11:08:55

I applied for my mothers ESTA and double checked everything except the flight number. I put in the return flight no instead of outbound.

One of the sites that was charging $40 didnt ask for the flight no at all in the application. DH says not to worry as long as the key information is correct.

Anyone actually have a small mistake on an ESTA picked up by immigration?

They are not the friendliest bunch on the planet. We are all going over for a wedding and I dont want my mothers holiday to start with hassel at immigration.

saythatagain Tue 16-Aug-11 11:10:34

You don't actually have to put in the flight details - as the esta lasts two years its just not required. You shouldn't pay more than the standard $14 for your esta.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 16-Aug-11 15:00:44

almondfinger,

FYI saythatagain the ESTA does ask for the outward flight number (you would need to insert the name of the airline from their drop down menu).
This has always been a requirement of the US govt. Not all the details on the ESTA are mandatory but that one is.

All details need to be right, you cannot afford to make any mistakes with such an application at immigration.

Only use the official US govt website which is https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov as there are many websites out there who charge a lot of money and many of these are scammers (that site you originally looked at is not a good one to use).

I would reimput her reference number (that very long sixteen digit and letter type one) and reimput the correct flight number. I think this can be corrected that way.

almondfinger Wed 17-Aug-11 17:43:04

Great I'll give it a shot. I did use the us govt site. I think I'll be paying the 14 again to make the change though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now