Talk

Advanced search

can i take my icandy stroller on a plane or do they only accept mclaren style foldable strollers?

(5 Posts)
leannac Tue 16-Aug-11 08:40:27

I'm going to Portugal on Friday & have been frantically scouring the BA website for confirmation of which type of prams are accepted but can't find any info. Half my friends say you can only take foldable mclarens but others think I'd be able to take my 2 piece icandy stroller........ who's right? I really want to take my icandy but am apprehensive of arriving at airport, being told have brought wrong type of pram & not being able to fly!

For the 3 of us (me, dh & dd) I'm planning on taking 2 suitcases (1 appears to be full just with nappies, wet wipes, travel cot, steriliser etc??), my icandy if poss & I want to take my own car seat too. Will this be ok & any tips on ensuring car seat survives the journey without getting damaged?

DD is 4 months old if that helps!

Chopstheduck Tue 16-Aug-11 08:43:06

you can take what you want, I've had to take twin prams in the past! Some airlines only let you take one extra baby thing for your baggage allowance, but we've never had a problem taking prams and car seats. I think there are sometimes restrictions on the size of prams you can take right up to the plane door, but I have been able to take small flat folding prams right up to the door before too.

Chopstheduck Tue 16-Aug-11 08:43:47

You could wrap the car seat in bubble wrap, but we usually just put it in a black sack to stop it getting wet on the runway, or damp.

MrsJRT Tue 16-Aug-11 08:44:16

Have always taken my two piece my4 with no issues. Be aware you'll have to dismantle it to go through security but so long as one of you primed and ready to do so it's fine. Also make sure they put security tags on both pieces so both end up in the same destination!

leannac Tue 16-Aug-11 08:48:54

Good tip about putting things in black bags to avoid them getting damp - thanks. Such a relief to be able to take my icandy on hols as I can use it so much easier than if I borrowed a mclaren!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now