Talk

Advanced search

Evening flight with 6 month old - how bad will it be?

(5 Posts)
BananaPie Tue 16-Aug-11 08:12:18

We're off to Spain with our six month old soon. The flight is late evening, after her usual bedtime. She's used to going down in her cot, but will have to be held in our arms on the plane. Anyone done this before? How bad was it?! Any tips?

cjbartlett Tue 16-Aug-11 08:15:04

It'll be fine
Are you still feeding her yourself? If so I'd plug her in on take off so her ears don't pop
Does she have a dummy? I'd probably give her calpol just before you go in the hopes it'll make her drowsy

bestfootforwards Tue 16-Aug-11 08:19:21

I did this with ds at six months. Not intentionally- the plane was delayed for hours. He napped happily at the airport, and then enjoyed looking at everything while we waited (and waited, and waited...) On the plane he fell asleep the moment the engines started and slept the whole way. I changed him into his sleepsuit at the airport when it was roughly bed time. Take milk (or easy clothes for breastfeeding) and plenty of toys though, as on the return flight ds didn't sleep at all.

mousymouse Tue 16-Aug-11 08:32:28

two possible outcomes: either baby can't settle and will scream as scream can or baby will just sleep through the flight. had both szenarios with dd when she was about that age...

BananaPie Tue 16-Aug-11 13:30:41

Thanks all! Mousymouse, it's the screaming I'm worried about!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now