Talk

Advanced search

Which buggy to take to Majorca

(10 Posts)
Gonkster Sun 14-Aug-11 11:57:39

First time travelling with two children. DS is 7mths and DD is 3yrs.

At home, I have a P&T double which I frequently use. DD happy to walk for quite a while, but once tired, won't walk anywhere! DD also still naps at home if she's really tired. And obviously, DS uses it all the time and for naps.

So, we're travelling to Majorca in 3 weeks. I ideally want somewhere where if both kids need a nap (at beach etc), they can. I have a cheap McLaren I could take, but

a) it doesn't really recline
b) I can only fit one of them in it at any one time for journeys, or more importantly naps
c) It's not really good for DS who's too little for it, but if push came to shove, we'd make it work.
d) DS won't sleep in a sling any more - no matter how hard I try.

What buggies do people take on holiday? I hear stories of buggies getting broken by baggage handlers... if that happened to the McLaren I'd get over it, but not to the P&T.

Help! Really don't know what to do for the best.

Gonkster Sun 14-Aug-11 18:12:16

Maybe I put too much information in my post for people to read!

Essentially, airplane and beach holiday - take the P&T or not? Both kids will need to sleep - potentially at the same time.

I could have just said that I guess. smile

Geordieminx Sun 14-Aug-11 19:05:19

We had a M&P aria single for holidays which we loved. The do a twin too...can pick them up for pennies on eBay. Reclines flat, has a hood to protect from sun, giant basket underneath for towels and a snack tray.

leannac Tue 16-Aug-11 08:43:08

I really want to take my icandy on my hol as much happier about using it on hols but not sure bigger prams like this are accepted on board & would be devastated if it git damaged. I'm off on hols on Fri & having same dilemma so pls let me know what you figure out

Chopstheduck Tue 16-Aug-11 08:45:03

Your insurance should cover and damage in transit, check your policy.

Gonkster Tue 30-Aug-11 23:05:08

We've decided to take two singles - the MacLaren and an OBaby. Apparently Spanish pavements aren't too tolerant of a double. Also means DH and I can go our separate ways with a child each. And we can walk one to sleep and the other can just conk out without being disturbed. And, we are a lot less fussed about them being damaged in transit that we would be with the P&T.

jester68 Wed 31-Aug-11 07:41:40

We are hoping to go abroad for the october half term holiday abroad. Would love to take my babystyle oyster but worried about it being to big/getting damaged etc so have now decided to take our single mamas and papas

SanAndreas Fri 02-Sep-11 16:16:47

I have this dilemma too. Need double or two singles. Have a P7t, but reluctant to take that as its lovely and think would get wrecked or doubles kit go missing.

Think im going to look for another cheap single on ebay as already have one.

SanAndreas Fri 02-Sep-11 16:17:20

Meant P&T!

ENormaSnob Mon 05-Sep-11 15:56:58

My baby jogger just got broken on the flight back to manchester sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now