Talk

Advanced search

Seasickness medication that doesn't cause drowsiness?

(4 Posts)
Coconutfeet Fri 12-Aug-11 21:38:01

Getting the ferry to France this weekend with a very reluctant dp. He gets seasick really easily and is dreading the crossing. Lots of the hardcore seasickness medications seem to be tranquillizers. Is there anything effective he can take that won't interefere with his being able to drive at least some of the way on the other side?

HarperSeven Fri 12-Aug-11 22:04:46

I think Boots Travel Calm are the best travel sickness tablets I have tried. They're the only ones I will buy. They didn't make me drowsy though the leaflet says it's possible they will make you drowsy.

Took Dramamine previously - they just knocked me right out. Avoid.

Don't bother with ginger remedies...have tried those - they don't do anything!

Coconutfeet Fri 12-Aug-11 22:25:43

Thanks Harper - I'm pretty sure he's tried ginger and those wrist bands to no avail. I check out the Boots ones.

mummymeister Sat 13-Aug-11 22:36:32

different things work for different people so worth taking a mixture of things if with you. i have half a dozen friends who swear by the wrist bands and a couple who say they are pants and don't work. Unfortunately i think the only certain way not to get sick is to take the knock out pills! Sorry can't be more helpful - you/he has my sympathy.!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now