Talk

Advanced search

what travel sickness tablets can I take?

(6 Posts)
Petesmum Fri 12-Aug-11 19:52:54

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have just spent 3 miserable hours crossing the Channel. Most of the time the only view I had was the bottom of a sick bag or the toilet. I'm dreading coming home...have debated leaving DH and boys here and flying home on my own! Travel bands didn't work :-(

GingerbreadGiraffe Fri 12-Aug-11 20:03:52

Book the shuttle for the return journey? Really recommend it .
I dont think a single, bought in advance would be that much. This is assuming you did dover to calais

Was the sea rough?

Although that makes me feel sick if i dont sit outside the car.

Petesmum Fri 12-Aug-11 20:10:34

Unfortunately we did Portsmouth / Cherbourg on the high speed ferry / catemaran (spelling??) and according to DH the sea was pretty smooth. Dreading coming back...both boys were ill too but I have medication for them, don't know if I can take it, box says not to but then again pretty much everything says don't take if you're pregnant...

GingerbreadGiraffe Fri 12-Aug-11 20:27:19

Crikey. I couldnt even contemplate that kind of cross. Sorry you and your boys were poorly. Its awful feeling.

Maybe see a french phamarcist. They might have something different to UK that is ok.

Enjoy your holiday though, try not to think about the return journey. xx

GingerbreadGiraffe Fri 12-Aug-11 20:27:30

*crossing

Petesmum Fri 12-Aug-11 20:35:50

Think next year we'll stick to the UK or stay at home! :0

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now