Talk

Advanced search

Centerparcs age limits for activities (school age children) - guidance or strict limit?

(7 Posts)
teejwood Fri 12-Aug-11 14:26:56

Hi - just wondering if anyone has any experience of Centerparcs and can advise me? We're taking a month or two out rather than years iykwim. TIA.

alison222 Fri 12-Aug-11 17:57:11

Depends on what they are doing I think. If you are leaving them in the clubs then they will be registered by OFSTED and have strict guidelines re ages and ratios of staff to adhere to.
If it is a matter of how big they are to re the activity there may be some leeway. Call customer services and ask for the phone no of the park you are going to and then ask to be put through to the time out club. They should be able to tell you there. I have spoken to Time out club for Allergy reasons and found them to be very helpful but the customer services people were not as clued up.

SeenButNotHeard Fri 12-Aug-11 18:08:48

I agree it depends what it is.

ds was a couple of months out for pony ride and they refused him, citing insurance - they were able to check his age too, as they book in activities on their computer system.

They were much more laid back for the roller skating though!?

teejwood Fri 12-Aug-11 18:31:27

Ah thanks for the advice. It's basically the difference between being able to do "Family Foil Fencing" with his daddy or not, so it sounds like a not!

teejwood Fri 12-Aug-11 18:42:29

should possibly clarify - i wondered if they would let him do the fencing with his dad as he would be under his dad's supervision, but if it's an insurance thing then obvs it's not a goer...

SeenButNotHeard Fri 12-Aug-11 19:02:47

You may be ok with fencing - roller skating was a family activity and, they were much more flexible.

teejwood Fri 12-Aug-11 19:36:03

thanks for the advice, seen. mmm - maybe we'll ask when we get there, then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now