Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Paphos, Cyprus

(3 Posts)
LollipopViolet Tue 09-Aug-11 12:51:52

Right, I'm hoping you can help me here. Myself and a friend (both 21, both child-free if that makes any difference) are heading to Paphos in October. Flights sorted, and we're staying in a place my cousin rents out to holidaymakers. We're now trying to work out budgets so we can save accordingly (my friend gets paid monthly so have to sort this now).

How much would each of us need to contribute to a food budget (self catering place)?
How much should we budget for the odd meal out? I'm thinking first and last nights mainly.
How much to spend on nights out?
How much for presents/souvenirs?

Any advice on things to do?

All advice greatly appreciated smile

Pootles2010 Tue 09-Aug-11 12:59:01

Things to do - I'd advise hiring a car. It's a beautiful island, you'll want to see the mountains, there's deserted beaches, all sorts! I'd hire a 4x4 though, some of the more remote roads are a bit rough!

We hired a Jimny and were fine. Oh and shop around, and barter with them when you're hiring, we got quite a discount! Can't remember exact prices though, sorry!

girlywhirly Tue 09-Aug-11 15:19:05

I usually find that 50 euro for a dinner for two with house wine is our average. but that is just dinner. I can't comment on nights out! Sometimes you can get set dinner menus cheaper. Obviously self catering will be cheaper for you, possibly go with 100 euro per day between the two of you? And have a back-up fund just in case, i.e. credit card/debit card. Most shops/restaurants take them. If you manage to come home with any currency, you can change it back to sterling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now