Advanced search

Train tickets for foreigners/buying train tickets for someone else

(6 Posts)
tyler80 Sun 07-Aug-11 14:34:10

My OH's little sister and brother are coming over for a visit. They're staying in London for a few nights and then they're coming up to see us.

Now train tickets booked in advance are fairly cheap, otherwise they're extortionate. If I book tickets in advance for them, is there anyway they can pick them up at the station without having the card that paid for them?

Geordieminx Sun 07-Aug-11 17:50:49

No. You would have to get them delivered to you and then post, or you can go to your local station, collect tickets then post. It's a PITA.

You could get them posted directly to them too.

tyler80 Sun 07-Aug-11 17:55:47

Unfortunately my local station has no ticketing facilities so I'd have to get them posted to me and then send them on to Denmark. Not sure that's going to work because of timescales, it's a fortnight before they need the tickets but they'll leave Denmark before this.

Amateurish Mon 08-Aug-11 12:48:38

Maybe you could post the tickets to their location in London for them to collect when they arrive?

Gipfeli Mon 08-Aug-11 12:56:23

Can they book the tickets online themselves? My husband did this recently when he went back to the UK for a visit.

tyler80 Mon 08-Aug-11 13:08:22

I don't think they have a credit card that'll allow them to book themselves and pick up from the station.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now