Talk

Advanced search

Taking a box of formula through security? Advice?

(4 Posts)
boxy30 Sat 06-Aug-11 20:41:35

I am going on holiday on Monday from Gatwick and am trying to work out the best way of taking enough milk with us. I have packed a box of formula but am wondering if you can take an unopened box through security. I have ordered some cartons but I am trying to keep check in weight down!
Any experience of this at all? Thanks smile

nancy75 Sat 06-Aug-11 20:44:17

put the powder in the suitcaseor hand luggage and buy cartons from boots airside (if you phone they will hold them for you) If you take cartons through security they can make you open each one and taste it, which means you have to use it all within a few hours.

boxy30 Sat 06-Aug-11 20:50:50

sorry, was wondering if you can take a box of unopened powder through. I have already ordered the ready to drink cartons from Boots and have packed one box of formula but was just wondering about taking another box in hand luggage. Don't want to do it and then get it confiscated!!

nancy75 Sat 06-Aug-11 21:12:03

I think i would see if you can get that at boots airside too. I can't imagine why they wouldn't let you take it through, but it might not be worth the hassle. We always put ours in the suitcase because it was too heavy to carry along with everything else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now