Talk

Advanced search

Hand luggage only and pushchair

(6 Posts)
katekate3 Thu 04-Aug-11 22:26:25

Hi all,

Flying in a few days time on own with 2 DC (4 and 2) hand luggage only. Would like to take pushchair, but normally would get tagged at check in.

Anyone know if I can still take pushchair without checking in (and paying all related fees) at airport?

bagelmonkey Fri 05-Aug-11 09:23:17

Who are you flying with? Most airlines take a buggy free as long as it folds in one piece.

bagelmonkey Fri 05-Aug-11 09:23:52

They'll take it off you at the steps of the plane usually

katekate3 Fri 05-Aug-11 12:28:36

But how will it get a tag? Flying with bmibaby to jersey. I know I am entitled to take pushchair free of charge, but worried will be forced to check in at airport rather than online (and therefore pay £15 each). Have never been brave enough to travel hand luggage only with the children, and now worried I won't cope at the airport without a pushcahir..

bagelmonkey Fri 05-Aug-11 18:35:05

They asked me at the desk if I wanted to keep it to the gate. At the departure gate someone came and put a paper tag on it and gave me a matching receipt. At the steps I told the man how to fold it (I was carrying DD) and they took it away to go in the hold. By the time we got off it was waiting for us at the bottom of the steps (last off, it had just arrived). No charges. I flew flybe. It said on their website that buggy/car seat carried free. Pretty sure that's standard.

katekate3 Fri 05-Aug-11 19:36:11

ok. Sounds like it should be ok to take pushchair and get a tag on it just before getting on plane. Excellent. Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now