Talk

Advanced search

What do your kids/you put in a trunki?

(14 Posts)
Phoenix Thu 04-Aug-11 17:53:51

I'm getting my boys one for our holiday next year, mainly for the wheeling them round the airport part grin, but what do you put in them?

Geordieminx Thu 04-Aug-11 17:59:22

Small blanket for plane, comics, coloring things, snacks and all the shit I can't fit in my handbag grin

They are actually surprisingly roomy.

Oh and wipes, and and clean tshirt/shorts

Ds is 4

Phoenix Thu 04-Aug-11 18:20:12

Ok thanks. I was thinking about putting some of my crap in too smile. My two will be nearly 3 and 6 when we go.

Geordieminx Thu 04-Aug-11 18:57:49

Ds loves his, and has had it since he was about 2.

wonkylegs Thu 04-Aug-11 19:05:43

We've got two (firetruck & bumble bee) & they are fab . We bought one and the other one was a present.
Depends where we are going... Long weekend in the lakes - clothes, a few books, toys and fav. Teddy - strapped in of course.
Skiing holiday - 1 change of clothes, portable DVD player, headphones & DVDs, toys, crayons & colouring book, books + teddy... Oh and the firemans hat & axe that comes with it
They fit an awful lot in really

MrsRhettButler Thu 04-Aug-11 19:08:03

Are they not just the dcs suitcases? Don't you just put their clothes in confused

Geordieminx Thu 04-Aug-11 19:13:55

We use ours as hand luggage?

Lizcat Thu 04-Aug-11 19:19:09

If she can't fit it in Trunki she can't take it. You can get an entire weeks clothes for a 7 year old in trunki.

NurseSunshine Thu 04-Aug-11 20:52:56

If you need to ask what to put in it then surely you don't need one?

Phoenix Thu 04-Aug-11 22:15:44

No actually I don't need one, I need 2. I just wondered what people fill them with. The main reason I like them is for the ride on factor but I'm not going to take them empty, am I?

Thank you for all the proper answers.

Lizcat - Do you check it in or use it as hand luggage?

Wonkylegs - it's Ibiza for 2 weeks grin

wonkylegs Thu 04-Aug-11 22:24:44

I would go for stuff to keep them entertained in flight and airport mainly in case there is any delay. We bought the DVD player for this and OMG is more than paid for itself. Toys, colouring and a few clothes just in case anything goes wrong.
And any overflow from the main luggage and the take the trunks as the kids hand luggage.
Make sure they are careful on them when being pulled along. When we were redirected through geneva our DN(6) & DS(2.5) did a kamikaze style stunt driving as they were bored , thankfully my DS has a concrete head and only damaged the floorgrin

Phoenix Thu 04-Aug-11 22:32:03

Thank you. Ds1 would take every teddy he could fit in if I let him. Ds2 (2.1) has a concrete head too grin

cosysocks Thu 04-Aug-11 22:35:14

handluggage as they are brilliant for getting a tired ds from one place to the next in airport.

Lizcat Fri 05-Aug-11 13:37:54

Trunki is exceptionally well travelled mainly due to travelling home over land from Oman during the Ash cloud. On air planes he is always checked in, I carry 1 small ruck sac with the whole family's flight needs passports etc. On the Eurostar he prefers to travel in the big luggage rack at the end of the carriage.
It is possible for a 6 year old to carry their own Trunki across Paris on the RER,
I am afraid that after a fraught 5 days travelling I said if you can't carry it we are leaving it behind. I also discovered that a 6 year old can be awake for 27 hours and still be pleasant in very stressful situations and they can also spend 11 straight hours in a Taxi travelling from Barcelona to Paris without asking are we nearly there yet the entire time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now