Talk

Advanced search

help going to greece later what can you take in hand luggage can youtake your own food on plane ? night flight

(5 Posts)
SNOWBall4girlz Thu 04-Aug-11 15:41:33

as above panicking what food can you take in your luggage will frubes explode?
can you take food to eat on the plane
and any other advice pls me and dd4 got a cheap late deal self catering thk you in advance

Bunbaker Thu 04-Aug-11 15:47:06

One thing to bear in mind that carrying a lot of food adds a fair amount of weight to your luggage and if you end up paying an excess baggage charge it will cost you far more than buying locally. If you take Frubes I would put them in a plastic bag and wrap towels round them, then if they do explode you won't get it all over your luggage.

You can take food on the plane, but no drinks that you have brought from home. You will have to buy them once you get through passport control, and don't buy drinks on the plane as they are expensive.

When we went to Corfu we just took cereal, a small carton of UHT milk to start with (night flight for us as well) and tea and coffee. We bought everything else locally.

Have a great holiday

SNOWBall4girlz Thu 04-Aug-11 17:15:48

thank you
thinking super noodles
and chocolate pancakes
may be leave the frubes

cheers x

KristinaM Thu 04-Aug-11 17:31:01

Only if the frubes are smaller than 10 mls

KristinaM Thu 04-Aug-11 17:31:57

Sorry i misread i thoight you meant to eat on the plane

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now