Talk

Advanced search

Puerto Pollensa - taxi from airport

(13 Posts)
minxthemanx Wed 03-Aug-11 20:58:25

Those of you that have been, anyone know of relatively cheap taxi transfer? Had a look online and am a bit shock at 73 Euros each way!

nicole333 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:13:53

I can't tell you about taxis as we always hire a car, but some people use Resort Hopper. I have no idea on the prices or if it's any good, but I'm sure you will get help on the Puerto pollensa forum.

Have a great time, I love it out there.

minxthemanx Wed 03-Aug-11 21:30:47

Thanks for that, I'll take a look.

Lulumama Wed 03-Aug-11 21:32:51

we've just got back from tehre ! wonderful place. I can believe the price, we hired cars as we were staying a few km from the port itself, but it's a good hours drive from the airport.

we also found a gorgeous restaurant opposite the beach called Tolo's that was really great and Mojito BBQ in the square was incredible but £££ , they also have a pizza place too.

nancy75 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:41:34

use resort hopper. We have a house in puerto pollensa, and although we have a car when we are there I hate the drive to the airport and refuse to do it! We have used resort hopper lloads, they have always been on time, they drop you right at the terminal and for the 3 of us it costs £25.

rubyrubyruby Wed 03-Aug-11 21:45:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

minxthemanx Wed 03-Aug-11 21:48:33

Thanks for all the tips, I can't wait to go. Shuttle/bus looks so much cheaper but I wonder if it's worth paying the extra for direct transfer as such a long day travelling. Maybe I'll do taxi on the way there, shuttle for return journey.

nancy75 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:51:30

the bus doesn't take much longer than a cab. Where are you staying, if you are near the il ador hotel you get dropped off firsy and picked up last by the bus, tranfer is about 1 hour.

nancy75 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:55:19

actually if you are considering cabs, it might not work out much more expensive to hire a car. We always use this company they have an office in pollenca and are very good.

nicole333 Wed 03-Aug-11 22:01:48

To get the best out of the surrounding area a car is a must. We found the most beautiful spot last year after returning from the market in Alcudia. It's a little restaurant up on the headland that overlooks the whole bay of Pollensa. Absolutely beautiful. There was what looked like a hostel there too. When I say hostel, I mean a beautiful Mallorcan stone building perched so it had the most beautiful views and seemed quite serene. I could've stayed there all day.

minxthemanx Thu 04-Aug-11 07:34:39

Nancy we are staying at the Habitat apartment complex. I have no idea where that is in relation to the rest of the resort.

ameliagrey Thu 04-Aug-11 08:35:15

it's a couple of years since we went but we hired a car- very easy and loads of collecting points in the airport.

It takes from 30-45 minutes to get to PP from the airport.

I'd agree that it is worth thinking about getting a car for your stay otherwise you will be stuck in the resort, which is nice, but there is lots to see slightly further afield.

I think our car hire was about £150- £200 for the week but could be wrong.

nancy75 Thu 04-Aug-11 20:23:08

If these are the flats I am thinking of you are a little bit out of the main beach/restaurant area (not miles but a good walk) I would certainly think about getting a car tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now