Talk

Advanced search

I'm a Camping Virgin - come talk to me.

(6 Posts)
rubyrubyruby Wed 03-Aug-11 14:49:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

girlywhirly Wed 03-Aug-11 16:21:52

I think you'd do better on the camping section.

However, airbeds, pump for beds, some form of stove, kettle and pans, washing up bowl, water carrier, coolbox, unbreakable mugs/bowls/plates, cutlery, lights for after dark.

Then there's food, and personal stuff like toiletries/clothes, shoes/wellies/waterproofs.

I'd go and look at some camping stores and see what it will all cost, and whether you'll use it all again.

rubyrubyruby Wed 03-Aug-11 17:22:45

mummymeister Wed 03-Aug-11 20:16:33

Just came back from a short camping break. had a fab 2 burner stove, airbed and sleeping bag, washing up bowl, bin bags, cutlery, plates etc, cooler box, brilliant in tent light, pegs ( to hang up the swimming towels) think barbecue on the beach and this should help with what to pack. have to say, car was full for the 5 of us!

lostineurope Wed 03-Aug-11 20:25:50

Come to the camping topic, best bit of MN grin. The first night we camped we had the basic package from Halfords( airbeds, sleeping bags and tent) and we stayed close to home and catered simply to make it easy. I would recommend going to a Market and buying a few metres of fleece and chopping it into lengths for each family
Member, it can get cold at night and that kills off all camping fun. Start small and basic and build from there, only one night and not too far. << brought to you by French campsite wifi having gone from camping virgin to travelling 2,000 miles round France with three Ds, two tents and one car>>. Try it it's great! ( oh and if you can borrow stuff first time even better, better still ask friend with kit to come with you!)

rubyrubyruby Wed 03-Aug-11 20:30:28

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now